One is never too old to listen to stories. Catch Jeeva, master storyteller in action. Let yourself be carried away to a fantasy land.
It may have been a long time since you were enchanted by a story. It doesn't matter if you are young or old - enjoy the story you will. Journey around the world with clever women, wise men, tricksters and funny people. Rediscover the magic in folklore, listen to a wide range of Indian and Asian folk-tales, European tales, family stories, true life incidents, cross-cultural stories and modern tales. With such a colourful palette to choose from, you'll never want story time to end!
Jeeva occasionally uses hand-puppets, paper and sign language, but believes that she is the best prop for her storytelling.
A modern bilingual (English - Tamil) storyteller, Jeeva started telling stories at the age of 5. She took up teaching as a profession, especially teaching toddlers to whom she felt she could tell stories to her heart's content.
It was only recently that storytelling became serious business, thanks to Tulika Publishers who gave her the responsibility of translating an activity based story book into Tamil. This project introduced her to the public as a storyteller and she now represents India at many international conferences.
Jeeva's lively and dramatic storytelling performances keep all ages spell-bound. She is now an author of children's books and has translated 17 books and written two original stories.
- Malli, a bi-lingual book in Tamil and English
- Gadagada Gudugudu, in Tamil
- A vilirunthu akku varai, a Tamil alphabet book in simple verse
- Kasakasa parapara, a book in verse based on the Tamil tertiary letters
Translations for Tulika Publishers, from English into Tamil
- Priya's Day
- Why are you afraid to hold my hand?
- Sunu-Sunu Snail - Storm in the Garden
- Look, the Moon
- I'm So Sleepy
- Snoring Shanmugam.
- Pavo Cavo
Audio Tapes & DVDs
- Tales from Panchatantra
- Tales of child devotees
- Stories from India with Roger Jenkins-Drama plus arts-Singapore.
- Stories for Chandamaama, A children's magazine that is 80 years old