The CHOP-C workshop provides an opportunity for German and Indian scientists and students to meet and exchange knowledge and ideas related to the topics of air pollution and climate change.
The 3-day workshop in Pune will focus on air quality, monsoon and climate interaction related aspects.
The workshop has three Main Objectives:
- to highlight outstanding research on chemistry climate interactions in Germany and India,
- to provide opportunities for brilliant young researchers in India to inform themselves about research and career opportunities in Germany and allow German scientists to meet promising young scientists from India,
- to strengthen existing German-Indian collaborations and establish new opportunities for co-operation.
The event has four Major Components:
- Lectures by eminent German and Indian scientists to their colleagues and selected students from all over India
- A student poster session and career opportunities event with attendance of a DAAD representative
- An open lecture for the public
- A closed-door meeting for senior scientists from Germany and India to discuss potential collaborations
Related Links for Further Information
- Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH,
- Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India
Dr. Martin G. Schultz, IEK-8, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany (email@example.com)
Dr. Gufran Beig, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Dr. Gufran for the Press Release for open lecture