From family ties to use of German brands, from academic trips and artistic collaborations to businesses and personal relations, participants can share connections to Germany that they may have. The contest will run online on Facebook, as well as at the venue of the Indo-German Urban Mela in each of the 5 cities.
Online & On-Ground Submissions
Entries can be in the form of photographs, a brief essay or a video reflecting how you are, or feel connected to Germany. You can post entries any time between the 11th of January to the 19th of January 2012 (2:00 pm) to the email id - MyGermanConnect@germany-and-india.com.
Participants can also submit their entries at the venue of the Indo-German Urban Mela, through sketches, notes or a photograph on a submission board that will be displayed at the square.
Lucky Draw and Prizes
- The names of the participants from both online and on-ground submissions will be eligible for a lucky draw to be held at the venue one day before the closing day of the Mela. 3 winners will be drawn at 4:00 p.m on the stage.
- The First Prize (the last name to be drawn) will qualify as the City Winner, eligible to compete for the National Contest Prize at the last stopover of the Indo-German Urban Mela in Pune. In additon, all 3 participants will win vouchers for dinner and/or spa treatment packages from a leading 5-star hotel chain.
- The 3 participants drawn will have 2 hours (between 4:00 p.m and 6:00 p.m) to prepare a 2-3 slide short Power Point Presentation that they will use to share their connection with the audience on stage during the Gala ceremony, on the evening of the closing day.
Contest, Eligibility, Prizes and Disclaimer
The 5 City Winners from Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Pune will compete for the prize as National Winner on the closing day of the Indo-German Urban Mela at the last stopover in Pune for an on-stage contest with three rounds (details of the rounds to be announced at a later stage).
- The participant must be an Indian national from the city that the Indo-German Urban Mela is being held in, between the ages of 18-45.
- If not a native of that city, the participant should have been living there for at least a year.
- A national not living in India is not eligible. However, the participant’s family living in the respective city may be eligible if they fulfil the above criteria (clauses 1 & 2).
- Overall, 3 winners from each city will be awarded with a gift voucher for a dinner and/ or spa treatment from a leading luxury hotel chain along with an exclusive goodie bag from the year of Germany in India. The First Prize City Winners will also qualify to compete for the national prize at the last stopover.
- The National Winner will win a FREE return trip to Berlin, Germany for 5 days and 4 nights.
Rules and Regulations
- No offensive entries (racist, demeaning or abusive) will be entertained and will be disqualified upon receipt.
- One participant may send one entry only – adhering to the word limit of 150.
- It is mandatory for the participants to send in/ submit their contact details, including address, phone number and proof of residence with their entries.
- Only entries accompanying pictures are eligible.
- Fake entries / Plagiarism will not be entertained. All content has to be original. The contestant must declare the complete authenticity of their entry while sending the entries.
- This contest is open to the general public, except anyone, working directly for the project - “Germany and India 2011-2012: Infinite Opportunities”.
- The project will hold the copyrights to the entries sent.
- The National Winner will be sent to Berlin only on the condition that he/she must not have had a Visa application rejected in the past on grounds of criminal offence. In a case like this, the next best entry will become eligible for the said prize. All rights are reserved for rejecting entries.
- The result of the lucky draw and the jury’s decision at the National Contest to decide the respective winners will be final and binding.
- No queries about the ranking of the entries will be entertained. Any such call will be considered as solicitation and will be disqualified.
- The contest is subject to last minute changes. All rights reserved.
Watch this space for the contest in your city.